The history of Maison Roumier began in 1924 when Georges Roumier married Geneviève Quantin; it was from then on that Georges Roumier took over the reins of the family estate. Georges Roumier was passionate about the vineyards and put a lot of effort into developing his vines and offering an exceptional wine. In 1953 he bought the 1er Cru Clos de la Bussière in Morey Saint Denis. 8 years later, in 1961 his son Jean-Marie Roumier took over and in 1968 he acquired the Grand Cru Corton Charlemagne. Until 1968 the Roumier House produced only red wine, this purchase of vineyard allows the company to diversify because the Grand Cru Corton Charlemagne wine is white wine. In 1978, the House bought the famous Grand Cru Musigny. Jean-Marie Roumier’s son, Christophe, joined the House in 1981 and Jean-Marie Roumier’s daughter, Delphine, joined them in 1993. Christophe takes care of the vineyard himself while Delphine takes care of the commercial part of the House.
Christophe Roumier has had the opportunity to benefit from the sound advice of Henri Jayer, a master in the Burgundian wine industry. Henri Jayer had his own philosophy for the treatment of the vines, with respect for nature as a guideline. Christophe Roumier decided to develop a winemaking technique that limits the use of pesticides and fertilizers.
With a winemaking technique where respect for nature is very important and emphasized, there is no doubt that the wines of the Roumier house are to be tested at least once in a lifetime. We have had the opportunity several times to sell bottles from this estate.
If you would like to include a batch of wine from Domaine Roumier, please do not hesitate to contact Marion QUESNE, head of the Wines & Spirits department of the Aguttes study.