Created in 1776, the Champagne House of Louis Roederer was named ‘Dubois Père & Fils’. In 1833, Louis Roederer inherited the Champagne wine house from his uncle and renamed it ‘Louis Roederer’ in the same year. In 1870, Louis Roederer II (son of Louis Roederer) took over the reins of the house. The house began to make a name for itself internationally and three years later a survey proved that by then 10% of the bottles were already being exported. In 1876, at the request of Alexander II, a prestigious ‘Cristal’ cuvée was created, intended exclusively for the Tsars of Russia. In 1908, Roederer became the official supplier of the ‘Court of His Majesty the Emperor’. Thereafter and until 1932, the Champagne house will lose its prestige due to various events such as the First World War or the 1929 crisis. In 1932, it is Camille Orly-Roederer who takes over the house and puts it back on its feet. In 1974, 100 years after the creation of the prestigious Champagne Cristal, the house created the Cristal Rosé. Jean-Claude Rouzaud succeeded his grandmother in 1975. He is the first member of the Roederer family to be trained as an oenologist. He decided to develop the house by exchanging plots of land to gain consistency in his wines. It was a successful gamble because between the 1980s and the 2000s, the company developed by buying other estates. Today and since 2006, Frédéric Rouzaud is at the head of Roederer. The Roederer House is to date one of the last Champagne Houses to be still independent and family owned.See more
Very prestigious, Roederer Champagnes are very appreciated all over the world and it is regularly possible to find bottles at auctions. We regularly offer bottles of Roederer Champagne for sale during our sales. If you are a fan, do not hesitate to come and visit us! Moreover, if you wish to include a lot of Champagne Roederer, do not hesitate to contact Marion QUESNE, head of the Wines & Spirits department of the Aguttes study.