Georges Lenfant was a skilled designer of gold jewellery. He registered his hallmark in 1909 and was joined joined in 1915 by his son Jacques Lenfant who perpetuated a family know-how recognisable by its quality. The “GL” hallmark accompanied by a playing dice and a bird’s wing is the distinctive mark of the mark of the workshop which was located at 47 rue des Petits-Champs, a stone’s throw from the most famous jewellery houses of Place Vendôme and Rue de la Paix. As was customary, until the last quarter of the last quarter of the twentieth century, independent designers worked closely with houses such as
the last quarter of the twentieth century, independent designers worked closely with houses such as Cartier, Van Cleef & Arpels or Mellerio dits Meller. The hallmark of the Georges Lenfant workshop can be found on many pieces marketed by these marketed by these great names. Lenfant is known for his bracelets and chains, his finely woven meshes. Lenfant is known for its bracelets and chains, with finely woven, twisted, gold-amatized links and sometimes with combinations of different colours of gold.