Created in 1792 by François Martin, the company was then called MARTIN. Very quickly his exceptional work was noticed and he became the official supplier of Her Royal Highness Marie – Caroline de Bourbon-Siciles, Duchess of Berry. Not having had a son, François Martin bequeathed his business in 1846 to Louis-Henri Morel who was one of his workers. In 1852, when Louis-Henri Morel died, François Goyard took over the management when he had been with the company for 15 years. In 1885 Edmond Goyard succeeded François Goyard and gave the name E.GOYARD to the company.
Edmond Goyard saw the future of E.GOYARD in a big way. Edmond Goyard saw the future of E.GOYARD in a big way. He therefore undertook many projects such as the opening of an elitist boutique, the creation of advertisements and the opening of sales counters in Monte Carlo, Biarritz and Bordeaux. Subsequently, E.GOYARD made exhibitions in New York and London, which were a real success and developed his international clientele. E. GOYARD also diversified by creating other products such as accessories for dogs and cars.See more
As the oldest maltster in Paris, the House of GOYARD is for us synonymous with history and prestige. It is an honour for us to offer GOYARD articles for sale. These are highly sought-after and leave with auctions often higher than their estimates. For example, in 2013, we had for sale a GOYARD Ainé trunk estimated between 2,000 and 4,000 euros which went for 19,125€, about five times its estimate.