In 1820, Felix Armand Puiforcat and Joseph Baptiste Fuchs opened a cutlery shop on rue Chapon in Paris. From the very beginning of the company, the workshops will be in Pantin where the know-how will be transmitted from generation to generation. In 1902, Felix Armand Puiforcat’s son-in-law, Louis Victor Tabouret – Puiforcat took over the reins of the company and developed the goldsmith’s trade. The latter will accentuate his work on Haute Orfèvrerie, by recreating important pieces from the 17th and 18th century, with a very classical style. It is now possible to find some of his creations in the Louvre Museum in Paris.
In 1920, it was Jean Puiforcat, an important figure in the house, who succeeded Louis Victor. He revolutionized the creations of the house, offering pieces with a very Art Deco influence. The lines are more refined and architectural, bringing a wind of modernity to the brand. Success is there and the brand is gaining notoriety.See more
We regularly put Puiforcat goldsmith's pieces on sale. Do not hesitate to participate in our Furniture and Works of Art sales!
If you wish to include a lot, please contact Séverine Luneau, Valérianne Pace or David Epiter, in charge of the goldsmith's art at Aguttes.